Exhausted? Try lemon essential oil!
This is a remedy to tiredness and exhaustion that I always remember my great-aunt promoting. She had a little clasp necklace, something like a locket. Inside she would put a tiny piece of cotton wool and soak it in lemon essential oil. Whenever she started to feel a bit sleepy she would open the locket and take a sniff. The strong scent of lemon would snap her back into focus. This seems a little odd I realise, but actually a harmless technique to try. Rather than feeding your coffee addiction maybe give it a go. If lemon isn’t for you, try another oil maybe. Just nothing that will make you more sleepy! A solution sworn by my family as the ultimate cure to exhaustion in the work day.
What You'll Need
- A locket
- Essential oil - lemon or anything that will wake you up
- Cotton wool
What You'll Do
- Pull off a tiny piece of cotton wool
- Place it inside your locket or clasp pendent
- Drip the essential oil onto the wool - practically soak it!
- Open up your locket when you're beginning to dose off and take a sniff
Tips & Warnings
- This is not an alternative to sleep! Just a tip for anyone who leads a busy life and needs to snap back to attention.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.