Breathe to Beat Back Pain
An exercise known as 'Static Back' is a fantastic way to reduce stiffness of the trunk muscles that exacerbate back pain. The idea is to allow the back to flatten to the floor over several minutes. How to perform the exercise:
What You'll Need
- A bed or chair
What You'll Do
- Lie down on the floor.
- Place your feet and lower legs on a chair, couch or bed with both your hips and knees at 90 degrees.
- Let your arms flop out to the sides at a 45 degree angle to your body with your palms facing upwards. Begin diaphragmatic breathing –
- Breathe in deeply so that your belly button rises to the ceiling over 4-8s
- Breathe out expelling all the air from your lungs over 8s.
- Continue with diaphragmatic breathing for 5-20 minutes.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.