Anchoring a beautiful moment or place so you can return to it anywhere anytime.
How to work with mindfulness to anchor a beautiful place or moment into your physical memory bank, so that you can easily return to it anywhere anytime. Particularily useful on a stresful day- to return to a moment or place where you felt really happy or at peace.
What You'll Need
- Mindfulness to noticing when you are somewhere or experiencing something so beautiful you would like to be able to return to it within a few breaths.
What You'll Do
- When you find yourself feeling really good, happy or inspired somewhere work with mindfulness to notice that feeling.
- If possible sit down with the intention of anchoring into that moment. This technique can also be done standing/ even in . a busy place.
- 3. Place yourthumb and pointer finger together to form a mudra. Take several deep and conscious breaths in.
- 4. With each breath, feel as through you are drinking in this moment.
- 5. Notice the sounds, the smells, the colours, With each breath, Notice everything about the moment and most importantly how you are feeling.
- 6. Release the mudra which you have used to anchor the moment into your physical memory bank.
- 7. Anytime, anywhere at a later date you can press your thumb and pointer fingers together to form the same mudra and intentionally recall that specific moment in time (or others you may have stored).
Tips & Warnings
- This technique is really useful if you are having a bad da or stressful time, you can return instantly to the feelings and reality of a happy memory or place and relive it anywhere, anytime.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.