Use turmeric to get rid of a headache naturally
When you experience a headache, maybe as part of a hangover or after having too much stress or not drinking enough water, you can feel better more quickly by having a turmeric latte or just warm water with a high serving of turmeric and some other ingredients. The reason for this is that turmeric’s has anti-inflammatory properties, preventing the activity of the components of the inflammatory pathway. Turmeric inhibits the production of proteins which helps in the expression of neuropathic pain. Curcumin, the active component of turmeric, helps in the intervention of the pain receptors which are responsible for causing nociceptive pain.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- pinch to 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 cup of coconut milk, almond milk or water
- teaspoon of coconut oil
- cinnamon and/or raw honey to taste
What You'll Do
- Heat the water or the milk gently in a pan
- add all ingredients except the honey/cinnamon to the pan, while heating up, stirring occationally
- When nice and hot, remove from heat to a cup and stir in honey and/or cinnamon
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.