Treat yourself as you would treat a friend
This is what my mum always used to tell me when I felt guilty about something as a child. It's a great technique for making sure you are not being too critical on yourself, by imagining your friend in the same situation and what you would say to them.
What You'll Need
- Yourself + a friend (in case you are unsure)
What You'll Do
- 1. Pinpoint what you are feeling guilty about
- 2. Imagine a friend was in exactly the same position and tellling you why they felt so guilty
- 3. Imagine what you would say to your friend. Would be kinder to them than yourself? Would you tell them it's not that big a deal, that they should forgive themselves?
- Use this practise to make sure you are 'being your own friend' and not being over critical
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.