Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
This really is the best natural remedy I have found for cold sores. I find that it works especially well as a preventative measure when you feel that cold sore tingle.... you know the one! Studies have found that vanilla is antibacterial and antifungal so using it preventatively can't hurt, especially because it tastes so good.
What You'll Need
- 100% pure Vanilla Extract - you can buy in most food stores
- Cotton Swabs
What You'll Do
- Soak cotton in vanilla until thoroughly saturated.
- Apply directly to sore, holding the swab in place for a minute or so. Repeat four times daily
- Soak the cotton pad or swab in the vanilla extract until it is thoroughly saturated.
- Using a cotton swab, liberally apply the vanilla to your lips. You can hold the swab or pad in place for a minute or so. Do this four times daily until no longer needed.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure you do not use artificial vanilla as this will have no effect at all on the cold sore.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.