Beat your bloat with these 5 natural tips!
Here are 5 ways to beat tummy bloat that may be causing you discomfort and pain. 1.Drink a glass of water with 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar before each meal. This helps the digestive fluids balance and prepare for the ingestion of food. 2. Cut out sodium especially iodized salt. Sodium in the form of iodized salt doesn't offer any nutritional value and contributes to the retention of fluid in the body. Also excess salts keep us craving for more fluids and water to dilute it's presence in the body. These all contribute to excessive bloating and water retention. 3. Take enzymes before each meal. These help to break down all the nutrients like proteins, sugars and fats helping you digest food more easily. Also if you are eating gas promoting foods like beans and legumes and are new to these foods, supplementing with enzymes will help you transition to a plant based diet with the gas and painful bloating that may occur with such diet changes. 4. Take probiotics and eat fermented foods every day. These help introduce good gut flora and keep the bad guys at bay. Often times the bad bacteria are the culprits to digestive disruption and bloating. 5. Don't drink liquids with your meals. When you eat solid foods, don't drink water or any other fluids. Mixing liquids like drinks with meals will dilute digestive acids in the stomach and this may result in bloating and disruption in digestion.
What You'll Need
- Natural food enzymes supplement. High quality probitiocs, Raw apple cider vienagar.
- Fermented foods like Keifer, Kimchi, saurkraut, and miso.
What You'll Do
- Drink a glass of water with apple cider vinegar before each main meal.
- Take probiotics and food enzymes with each meal. Don't drink water with your meal. Chew your food well and slow down your eating.
Tips & Warnings
- Eat slower than you normally do. Chew every bite really well. Remember the digestive process begins in your mouth, not your stomach. Natural saliva and chewing helps to start the breakdown of food. Also don't chew gum or gulp big amounts of any liquid. Slow and steady wins the anti bloating game :)
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.